Compression and Decompression
Why to use Zip/Unzip
- It is much faster to send files in a zip format.
- It is especially useful when you have to transfer a large number of files.
- By password-protecting a zip file you add security to your transfers; nobody will be able to access the files included in the zip file without knowing the password.
How to access ZIP/UNZIP
Compression and decompression options are displayed in Transfer Manager window. They are activated when you select files for upload or download.
- Zip Uploaded Files: if checked, all files in the Transfer Manager window will be zipped and only the resulting zip file will be uploaded.
- Store Directories: If checked, the zip file will remember the directories of the included files. Later, when you download the same zip file and use Unzip option the files will be restored to their original locations (useful for backup/restore).
- Zip File Name: The name of the zip file.
- Password: If blank, no password protection is used. If you password-protect the zip file make sure you remember the password or you will not be able to unzip this file.
- Unzip Downloaded Files: If checked, all downloaded ZIP files in the Transfer Manager window will be automatically unzipped after the transfer.
- Password: Must be the same as the password used to create the ZIP file.