Creating transfer sets, transfer queue
AutoFTP Service gives you the ability to save transfer sessions (transfer queue) into transfer sets and use them in the future.
To create transfer set
- Connect to an FTP site.
- Locate the file folders on the remote and local systems and select files (or folders) for uploads and/or downloads.
- When selecting files for upload or download click with right-mouse button on the file and select Upload - Add To Transfer Manager or Download - Add To Transfer Manager command from the popup menu. Selected file will be added to the Transfer Manager file list (transfer set), this command will not open the Transfer Manager. You will be able to continue your transfer selection without switching between Transfer Manager and AutoFTP Main windows. (if by mistake you open Transfer Manager click on OK to close it, the transfer selection will not be lost)
- Repeat step 1,2, and 3. You can also connect to other ftp sites and select more files and folders for upload and download.
- Once you have finished adding items open Transfer Manager. On the View menu, click View Transfer Manager or click on the Transfer Manager button
- Transfer Manager lists all files selected for transfer in steps 1,2, and 3.
- Save the transfer set by clicking on the Save button in the Transfer Manager window. In the Save Transfer Set window enter descriptive name for your transfer set and click OK.
- In the Transfer Manager click on the Clear to clear the content of the Transfer Manager. To test your transfer set you can click Load and then select your newly created transfer set in the Load Transfer Set window.
- Click again Clear to clear the content and then OK to close Transfer Manager.
Transfer items in the transfer session (transfer queue) can be modified. Select the item in the Transfer Manager window and click on the Edit button or select Edit command from the popup menu. In the Tranfer Item dialog box you can modify the following attributes: tranfer direction, local file name, remote file name, remote site name, remote folder, remote file name. Use Tranfer Item dialog box when you want to define wildcards.
Transfer items can include complex commands such as: download or upload site (folder), execute application, synchronize folder, delete site (folder), ... Read topic about Special Actions.