Question/Topic: Numeric Field - Autoincrementing Fields
Numeric Field - Autoincrementing Fields
Autoincrementing fields automatically generate a unique number for you by using the previous value from the last record and adding number one. New Value = Old Value +1.
1) If the start from value is equal 0 then the autoincrementing field represents the total number of all created records (number of records that are in the Organizer + number of records that have beend deleted)
2) You are not allowed to modify the value of the autoincrementing field manually. You can only change all values by using Replace function.
- open Replace window
- select autoincrementing field in the Field To Be Replaced dropdown box
- select Auto-Increment as Replace Mode
- enter Start From value
- select First Record in the Start Replacing From section
- click on the Replace button