Question/Topic: Internal Graphic Field
Internal Graphic Field
Internal Graphic Fields store graphical images. The Graphic Field allows storing any size images. Not recommended for storing high quality, large images. For storing images we recommend External Graphic Field
How to use
This type is useful for storing small images.
Functions (Popup Menu):
- Clear : clears the image;
- Load : displays an Open File dialog box. Go to the directory where the image file is stored. Select the image file and click on the OK push button. The selected image will be displayed in the picture control. The the following image file formats are supported: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, PCX.
- Save : saves the contents of the picture control to a file. You can save the image as a new file or just overwrite the existing one. The the following image file formats are supported: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, PCX.
- Copy : copies the image to the Windows Clipboard;
- Paste : pastes the image from the Windows Clipboard into the field.
- Screen Capture : allows you to capture any screen element. Click on the upper left corner of the image you would like to capture, hold the mouse button, and release in the lower right corner of the image. The selected part of the screen will be loaded automatically into the picture control.
- Print: prints the contents of the picture control.
- Scan: loads the image from a selected TWAIN compliant devices: scanners, digital cameras, and other image input devices.
- Select Source: displays Windows standard dialog box with available Twain compliant devices. Select the image source here.
- Full Screen: allows viewing the image on the whole screen.
- Auto Stretch: stretches the image in the picture control (just for better viewing). It will not resize the image.
- Hide Tool Bar: hides tool bar.
Set reasonable optical resolution (dpi) and the number of colors when entering images to the organizer. The standard resolution for computer images is 70-75 dpi. Very often 256 colors is enough to receive a good quality digital image. It will keep your data smaller and thus faster to display and browse. If you would like to store a large number of images we suggest to use External Graphic Field type.
This field is not recommended. Use it only for storing small images (e.g. icons).