Question/Topic: How to create a new user account and let users of this account to access public databases in the read only mode?
How to create a new user account and let users of this account to access public databases in the read only mode?
- Start Organizer.
- Click Options.
- Click Users tab.
- Select Multi-User System.
- Click User Accounts button.
- Enter user account name.
- Enter user id (will be used when a user logs into the program).
- Select Read Only.
- Click OK.
Note: The Supervisor's private directory serves at the same time as a Public Directory.
All users can access the Public Directory (unless the Supervisor revokes their access privilege).
This option is defined when the user account is created/modified.
- User Accounts window displays a new user account.
- Click Close.
When you create a user account the program creates a new folder. In this
folder, the program stores new data files created by the user.
- Click Security tab.
- Select As Specified In Accounts
In this help topic Password
account access option is set to Not
. When you change this option to Password Required
responsible for managing passwords. Each time when you start the program you (or
user) will have to enter user name
- Start the Organizer.
- Now the program opens Login window.
- Enter user id into a Login window:
a) Enter Supervisor to open the main account (public account, supervisor
b) Enter UserID to open the new account.
- The first time when the new user starts application, the Organizer opens
with the default database that is created in the user's private account (subfolder).
- To change the access to public database account click File/Load Database.
- In the Load Database window select Public.
- Databases from the public account are displayed.
- Select the file listed in the Available Databases box and click
- The program remembers last settings and next time will start with a database
from the public account.
- Selected database (file) from the public account is displayed (in this case Read Only