How to define/change library loan limits ?
Library loan limits:
You can define loan limit per item category
define maximum number of all loan items
lock library borrower if the unpaid fine exceeds ...
Open Manage Loans
On the File menu, click Load Database. Select and load Library database.
- Open Manage Loans windows:
a. Click on the Loan tab. Click with right mouse button on the Loan field to display pop-up menu. Select Manage Loans command.
b. On the Loans/Returns menu, click Manage Loans
- In the Manage Loans window (screen snapshot below) click Set Due Date Period
/ Limits (1).
How to define library categorized loan limits?
How to define/modify library maximum number of item that can be loaned in total?
Select the field in the Use this Data Field to determine Max # of Loaned
Items (1) box. For example you can select item TYPE data field. This field has values like: Book, DVD, CD, Journal,
Enter the value of the field into Field Value (2) edit box (for example:
CD), enter the maximum number of items in the Max # of Loaned Items (3) edit box. Click Add/Edit button to add the setting to the
Max # of Loaned Items list.
Repeat this procedure for other item types.
Note: You can define maximum number of items that can be loaned in total (4).
Note: You can lock borrower if the fine exceeds the maximum amount (5).
Note: in the window above there are following library due date periods and loan
- books are loaned for 14 days
- DVDs are loaned for 7 days
- CDs are loaned for 30 days
- other items are loaned for 14 (default due date period)
- borrower is allowed to loan maximum 4 books
- borrower is allowed to loan maximum 2 dvds
- borrower is allowed to loan maximum 2 cds
- borrower is allowed to loan 6 items in total
- borrower is not allowed to loan additional items if his or her fine is above $10.