How to maintain your web search results (practical advice)?
It is very practical to have a separate database for books that you catalog from the Internet.
Why you should avoid to work with one database:
- Imported records will be listed according to your sort order, it will be hard to find/select them for further modifications. Only if your primary sort field is set to Entry Order your new records will be listed at the end of the database.
- It is not safe to work with the large database containing hundreds of records.
We suggest the following:
- Create database:
- Create a new database with the same structure as your book/library database (all our library solutions include WorkingItems database, use this database for cataloging new items).
- Search the sites, extract the data and import it into the new database.
- Verify your new records and add missing information.
- When records are in the ready to use form you can move them to your main database.
- Move records:
- On the Advanced menu click Maintenance.
- In the Maintenance window click Move Records.
- In the Move Records window select target database and click OK.
- Records from the opened database/table will be moved to the selected (target) database.
How to create a new database with the same structure as the existing database.
- On the File menu click Load Database.
- In the Load Database window click New.
- In the Create New Database window enter database name into the Database Name box and click OK.
- In the Create New Table window select the database in the Create New Table From list box. Your new table/database will have the same structure. Click OK.