Cooking Books -> Condiments
Pickles and Relishes: 150 Recipes from Apples to Zucchinis
Lloyd, Louise (Editor)
Foster, Kim (Editor)
Published: July 1991
Read More, Buy It
From the Back Cover
Turn bumper crops -- fruits and all kinds of vegetables -- into mouth-watering pickles and relishes as tasty as Grandmother used to make -- in much less the time, with far less salt, and with no chemical additives.
recipes for today's cooks include:
* Freezer pickles that take less than a half hour to prepare.
* Refrigerator pickles that require no canning.
* Salt-free pickles for dieters.
* Traditional dill crock pickles, including no-fail
* Variations on old favorites, such as sunshine pickles, bread and butters, pickled okra, pickled cauliflower, piccalilli, dilly beans, and chutney.
* Pickles and relishes made from apples, beans, beets, carrots, corn, cauliflower,
cucumbers, Jerusalem artichokes, okra, onions, parsnips, pears, peppers, purslane, pumpkins, summer squash, red and green tomatoes, watermelon, and zucchini.
Dozens of tips guarantee crisp pickles without alum. Illustrated step-by-step pickling
methods provide easy guidance for even novice picklers.
About the Author
Author Andrea Chesman says that the idea for her book, Pickles & Relishes, evolved from "The First Hinesburg Pickle Barter Party." She invited many friends to her home
to taste and swap pickles and recipes, which are included in her book's collection. Additional recipes came from readers of The Troy-bilt Tiller Owner News and many are Andrea's own. Her recipes are conformed to safe canning and storing, do not require
artificial ingredients, were taste tested by Andrea herself and received... read more
Step-by-step instructions to make traditional and salt-free pickles and relishes.
Read More, Buy It