||Fried Yam Puffs - Epok-Epok Keladi
1 1/2 lb Yam cut into small pieces
1 ts Salt
1 ts Msg
2 tb Sugar (gula melaka
2 tb Softened butter
2 tb Tapioca flour
4 oz Prawns
4 oz Meat, minced
3 sm Onions chopped
2 oz Frozen green peas
1 Spring onion chopped
2 Mushrooms diced
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Msg
1 ts Sugar
1/2 ts Soy sauce
1/2 ts Oyster sauce
1/2 tb Cornflour in 3 T water
2 tb Cooking oil
1. Steam yam until cooked. Remove and mash. Leave to cool.
2. Heat cooking oil in pan. Add prawns and meat and stir for 1 minute.
Add onions, spring onion and mushrooms and stir for another minute.
3. Add salt, msg, sugar, soya sauce, oyster sauce and cornflour mixture.
Stir well. Add in green peas and stir. Remove and cool.
4. Put puff ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Knead thoroughly. Divide
into 20-25 portions.
5. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten.
6. Put 1 t stuffing in centre of dough. Moisten edges, fold over and
7. Heat cooking oil for deep frying. Deep fry until golden brown. Serve