||VEGETABLE AND BEEF STROGANOFF WITH NOODLES
||Low-cal, Main dish, Meats, Vegetables
1 T Extra light olive oil
1 ts Extra light olive oil
2 md Onions, thinly sliced
1 md Red bell pepper, sliced/seed
10 oz Boneless beef tenderloin*
1/2 ts Ground black pepper
1/2 c Low sodium tomato paste
3 T Chopped parsley
2 T Worcestshire sauce
3 c Mushroom caps, 1/4" slices
2 c Snow peas**
2 c Beef broth
2 T Cornstarch in 1/2 cup water
3/4 c Nonfat sour cream
1 T Chopped dill
1 ts Chopped dill
6 c Cooked broad noodles
* Pound and slice tenderloin diagonally into 5"x1/4" strips. ** Trim and
string snow peas cutting them into lengthwise strips.
1. In a large skillet heat oil. Saute onions and bell peppers, stirring
until barely softened, about 8 minutes. Remove vegetables with a slotted
spoon and set aside.
2. In same skillet, brown beef slices on one side only for one minute.
Sprinkle with pepper and turn slices over. Stir in tomato paste, parsley,
worcestshire sauce, sauteed onions and bell peppers, mushrooms, and snow
peas. Continue to cook for five minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In medium sauce pan, bring beef broth to a boil. remove from heat and
stir in disloved cornstarch. Return to heat and boil, stirring constantly
for thirty seconds or until mixture thickens. Remove pan from heat and cool
4. Gently stir in sour cream until just incorporated. Pour sauce over
meat and vegetables and reheat gently (DO NOT BOIL!). Add dill.
5. Place noodles in large serving platter. Spoon meat, vegetables, and
sauce over noodles.
Each serving provides: 1 FA, 1 P, 4 V, and 10 optional calories.
Weight Watchers Magazine, December 1993.