||FISH IN WINE CASSEROLE
2 T Butter or margarine
1 md Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c Dry white wine
2 lb Halibut fillets,
Cut into 2-inch pieces
3 T Butter or margarine
3 T Flour
1 1/2 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
8 1/2 oz Can small peas, drained
1 1/2 c Chinese fried noodles
1. In a shallow, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic
casserole melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in Microwave Oven 30
2. Add onion and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven, 3 minutes
or until onion is tender but not browned.
3. Add wine and fish and heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 6
minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
4. Drain pan juices into a measuring cup and add enough milk to
pan juices to equal 2 cups. Set fish and liquid aside.
5. ln a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, melt the 3
tablespoons of butter or margarine in Microwave Oven for 30
6. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in reserved
fish liquid mixture.
7. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 minutes stirring
frequently until thickened and smooth.
8. Add peas to sauce.
9. Add sauce to fish in the casserole and stir gently.
10. Heat, uncovered, in Miicrowave Oven 2 minutes.
11. Sprinkle noodles over fish and heat, uncovered, in Microwave
Oven 1 minute.