||Cheese/eggs, Casseroles, Microwave
5 c Water
1 T Salt
3 c Uncooked egg noodles
1/4 c Butter or margarine
1 c Fine dry bread crumbs
1 lb Lean ground beef
1/2 c Finely chopped onion
1/4 c Finely chopped green pepper
1/2 t Garlic salt
1 t Salt
1/8 t Pepper
1 c Grated Swiss cheese
8 oz Can tomato sauce
4 oz Mushroom stems and pieces,
1. In a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place 5 cups
water, 1 tablespoon salt and 3 cups uncooked noodles. Heat, covered, in
Microwave Oven 12 minutes or until noodles are tender, Stir occasionally.
2. Drain noodles and set aside.
3. In a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic mixing bowl, me1t 1/4 cup
or margarine in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
4. Add bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 1/2 minutes or
until bread crumbs are golden brown.
5. Add meat to bread crumb mixture and mix to combine well. Heat,
5 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring occasionally so meat crumbles.
6. Add onions, green pepper, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Blend into meat
mixture thoroughly. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
7. In a 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole layer cooked
with meat mixture. Top with cheese, tomato sauce and mushrooms (in that
order). Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes or until cheese melts.