||Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1/3 c Butter
1 1/2 c Brown sugar
6 Pineapple slices
Candied cherry halves
1 c White sugar
3/4 c Water,hot
1 c Cake flour
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/8 ts Salt
1 ts Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350'F.
2. Melt butter in a heavy 10" skillet. Cover with brown sugar, spreading it
3. Place pineapple slices on top of sugar. Place a half candied cherry in
the center of each slice of pineapple. Fill remaining spaces with pecan
halves and candied cherry halves. Set aside.
4. Beat yolks of eggs until blended; add half of the sugar. Add hot water
and continue to beat until blended.
5. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Add remaining sugar
gradually, then combine mixtures.
6. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla and stir to blend. Pour over
brown sugar, fruits, and nuts in skillet.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Turn upside down onto cake plate and serve with sweetened whipped cream.