||Fish, Main dish, Casseroles, Microwave
4 c Cooked noodles
16 oz Can salmon, drained and flaked
4 oz Can mushroom slices, drained
10 1/4 oz Cream of celery soup, can
1/2 c Thinly sliced celery
5 1/4 oz Sliced water chestnuts, can
17 oz Can green peas, drained
1 c Coarsely broken potato chips
1. In a deep, 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, combine
noodles, salmon, mushroom slices, celery soup, celery, water chestnuts and
green peas until well blended.
2. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
3. Just before serving, sprinkle with potato chips.
Variation: A number of substitutions may be made in this casserole.
1. Tuna may be substituted for salmon.
2. Cream of mushroom or cream of asparagus soup may be substituted for
cream of celery soup.
3. Green beans or corn may be used in place of peas.
4. Pimientos or green pepper may be added for color and flavor.
5. Chinese noodles, fried onion rings, broken crackers or nuts may be used
place of potato chips.
Tip: When making substitutions, try to keep the volume about the same so
the cooking times will be unchanged.