Books: Cooking by Cuisine -> Cooking American
Cottage Life's More Summer Weekends Cookbook: A Whole New Collection of Relaxing Recipes, Great Tips, and Entertaining Ideas
Cottage Life Books
Published: April 7, 2001
Read More, Buy It
Halifax Daily News, April 30, 2001
Jane Rodmell packs a lot of indispensable information into this book.
Following the success of Cottage Life's Summer Weekend Cookbook, here is a brand-new collection of more than 175
fresh, mouthwatering recipes from the award-winning Cottage Cook, Jane Rodmell.
This cookbook is ideal for summer weekends (or any time!) when the cook doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They're the kind of recipes you serve at
the cottage or at home, in the country or in the city, and people invariably ask, "Where did you get that recipe?"
Whether you have a couple of neighbors coming for dinner or guests staying for the weekend...whether you're looking for fresh ideas
for cooking for the family or hosting that once-a-summer "everybody come" gathering, More Summer Weekends Cookbook will become an indispensable kitchen companion. It's packed full of suggestions for what to serve, and how to put it all together.
Each recipe is accompanied by ideas for variations and substitutions for those times you don't have a particular ingredient on hand, along with make-ahead tips, so you're not left with a lot of work in the kitchen at the last minute. The handsome
four-color photographs (once again, positioned with the appropriate recipe) will make it hard to resist trying every dish. And a whole new collection of Jane's famous Quick Tricks will help you produce fabulous food on the spur of the moment.
Recipe sections include:
- Appetizers, Starters and Sundown Snacks (including Devilish Cheese Twists and Easy Thai-Style Shrimp Rolls) and Sun-Dried Tomato Spread on Warm Brie
- Fresh Barbecuing Ideas (including Cumin-Scented Leg of Lamb
and Grilled Polenta with Portobello Mushrooms)
- Salads and Side Dishes (including Three-Ingredient Mango Salad and The Cheaters' Caesar)
- Make-Ahead Mains (including Slow-Roasted Garlic Chicken) and Shortcut Seafood Curry
- Light Bites
(including Mussels with Roasted Tomato Corn Salsa) and Eggplant and Pesto Pizza
- Easy Eye-Openers (including Overnight Blueberry French Toast and Can't-Resist Cottage Chelsea Buns)
- Sweet Stuff (including Summer Sensation Ice Cream Pie, Grilled
Mint Julep Peaches, and Decadent Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies)
Read More, Buy It