How to select random records?
This explanation is based on the Art/Antiques Database Solution. All our organizers have the same filter functionality.
Similar topic: How to define simple filter ?
Decide which data field you would like to use to mark records for the random
selection. In this case we use CUSTOM4 data field and we entered Print
value into this field.
Enter Print value into CUSTOM4 data fields for all records that
you would like to process.
- On the Advanced menu, click Filter.
- In the Set Filter window select CUSTOM4 data field.
- In the Define Filter window select "=" and enter "Print".
- In the Set Filter window click Apply.
- Organizer displays only records that have "Print" value in the
CUSTOM4 data field.
- Now you can print reports for the selected records, display summaries, ...
- To display all records, click with the right mouse button on the Filter
button. Select All Records command..