Books: Cooking by Cuisine -> Cooking American
New Cook Book (Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen)
Gardens, Better Homes and
Better Homes and Gardens
Published: September 1, 2002
Read More, Buy It
Discover why every kitchen worth its salt has a flour-dusted, bouillon-stained, batter-encrusted and whisk-maimed copy.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
* More than 900
new recipes-1,200 in all-reflect current eating habits and lifestyles.
* 500 new photos-more than 700 in all-including 60 percent more of finished food than the last edition.
* Dozens of new recipes offer ethnic flavors, fresh ingredients,
or vegetarian appeal.
* Many recipes feature make-ahead directions or quick-to-the-table meals.
* New chapter provides recipes for crockery cookers.
* Efficient, easy-to-read format, with recipes categorized into 21 chapters, each
thoroughly indexed for easy reference.
* Expanded chapter on cooking basics includes advice on food safety, menu planning, table setting, and make-ahead cooking, plus a thorough glossary on ingredients and techniques.
recipes help cooks save time and creatively use new kitchen tools.
* Nutrition information with each recipe, plus diabetic exchanges.
* Tab dividers already in place-minimal assembly for readers.
* Contemporary food photography
attracts browsers and helps cooks discover new recipes to make.
* Icons identify low-fat, no-fat, fast, and best-loved recipes.
* Every recipe tested and perfected by the Better Homes and Gardens(r) Test Kitchen.
* Revised and
updated cooking charts, ingredient photos, emergency substitutions, and equivalents.
* Respected, reliable kitchen reference with hundreds of cooking terms, tips, and techniques.
Read More, Buy It